Otakutech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otakutech

Anime And Video Games

HomeNews & MoreGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Z Kai

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NogardDragon598
Administrator
Administrator
NogardDragon598

Dragon Ball Z Kai Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Ball Z Kai   Dragon Ball Z Kai I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 pm

The series is being extensively "refreshed" for Japanese television. This is not a new animation, but rather a remastered edit that runs through certain events of Dragon Ball Z. Part of this is reformatting and extending the picture to 16:9 Widescreen. Through digital processing, the image is made vibrant. All the grime, damage and noise remaining on the "Z" film is removed, making the image much clearer in high-definition.
New ending credits with new animations of Dodoria and Zarbon (top left), The Ginyu Force (top right), Frieza (center left), Raditz (center right), and Vegeta and Nappa (bottom left).
BeadtmdcAdded by Beadtmdc

A comparison with the original video side-by-side shows considerable cropping to achieve the 16:9 aspect ratio. However, it seems carefully done to avoid missing anything important. The original image is not stretched, just cut where it would be more appropriate, being a "tilt and scan" or "reverse pan and scan" of the original Dragon Ball Z footage.

Dragon Ball Kai includes a complete re-recording of the dialog by most of the original Japanese voice cast, as well as completely new sound design with updated sound effects. The opening and ending themes are completely new. Takayoshi Tanimoto performs the series' new opening and closing themes, "Dragon Soul" and "Yeah! Break! Care Break!". This new opening and closing credits have newly animated appearances by most of the main cast, as well as for the villains, such as Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Frieza, Zarbon, Dodoria, and The Ginyu Force. There's also a new artwork clip after every intermission, such as one of Cui and Vegeta in episode 19. Unlike the original Dragon Ball Z, which only had 2 sets of eye-catchers for the entire series, in Kai it changes every few episodes to feature an appropriate character ensemble/situation.

The Garlic Jr. Saga will also not be airing in Dragon Ball Kai. Originally lasting from episodes 108 to 117, the saga featured the return of Garlic Jr., the main villain from the first movie. The saga was completely filler and Garlic Jr. or any of his henchmen did not appear in the original manga. Because Kai stays truer to the manga, this saga has been completely cut out.

For the Androids Saga, the animation in the opening scene and closing credits has been altered a bit to fit the current storyline. New animations of Dr. Gero, Android 19, Android 17, Android 18, Android 16, and Cell appear, as well as the Super Saiyan appearances of Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks, and Gohan. The new intro also showcases battles taking place within the saga, such as Vegeta vs. #18, Piccolo vs. #17, #16 vs. Cell, Goku vs. Cell, and ends showing a sequence of the Z Fighters standing together with their Cell Saga appearances. The ending credits are also different, showcasing Goku flying with Shenron as the faces of the main cast appear. He proceeds to transform into a Super Saiyan and the cast joins him in flight. The sequences ends with the Z Fighters standing in front of the Earth, with Shenron and Porunga in the backdrop.

Toei Animation stated that the Dragon Ball Kai episodes would be edited to more closely follow Akira Toriyama's original story in the manga, resulting in a faster moving story, and to remove any damaged frames.[7] Dragon Ball Kai will minimize the filler material produced for Dragon Ball Z's original production run. On the already broadcast episodes, only a few minutes of filler material with no impact to the story have been left in, probably to help the chapter reach its full 20 min, and Gregory's appearance at King Kai's planet, who wasn't present in the manga. A rumor had gone around from the first announcement of Kai that the episode could would be "Around 100 Episodes". The rumor was confirmed when Happinet (The Japanese company releasing the series on DVD and Blu-ray) announced the Japanese DVD and Blu-ray release would have an end point of "99 Episodes (tentative)" meaning the current planned and announced episode count will end at 99, however they expect that count may change slightly before they actually get there. After all this though it still has its props no matter what you might think of this trilogy that has been going forever. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven What a Face Dragon Ball Z Kai Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpot8IZJ5cKcjFOGQV47dy3SrkYw6Q0k0mSVb9jxXlBVa2jq0&t=1&usg=__5PZvOANV1tI5uOcLhUnlFsJsJH4=
Back to top Go down
Okami54
Administrator
Administrator
Okami54

Dragon Ball Z Kai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai   Dragon Ball Z Kai I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Personally i really enjoy this version, it seems to have taken out a massive amount of the unnecessary filler that was in the original anime. However, the few new voice actors in it seem take take away a bit of the nostalgia from when i watched the original in my youth. But it is a great anime, and the intro theme is great as well.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/otakutech54/
Gamemaster1379
Administrator
Administrator
Gamemaster1379

Dragon Ball Z Kai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai   Dragon Ball Z Kai I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 am

I'll have to give this a shot. Sounds like it'll be a non-stagnant version with a few hundred episodes cut--just what the original needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.1379tech.110mb.com
Sponsored content

Dragon Ball Z Kai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai   Dragon Ball Z Kai I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Z Kai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Otakutech :: Electronics :: Media Center-
Jump to: