Otakutech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otakutech

Anime And Video Games

HomeNews & MoreGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Disgaea_Phantasm
Disgaea_Phantasm

A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it? Empty
PostSubject: A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it?   A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:38 am

Did you ever hate a game without even giving it a chance? I have, and most of them time I had good reason to, but there's been a few huge mistakes on my part for hating on a game that turned out to be fantastic

My examples:

Gears of War
Uncharted
Left 4 Dead
Lost Planet

When I 1st heard about GOW coming out at E3, I thought "this game has so much f*cking hype, it's really going to be overrated and blown out of proportion from its un-original looking gameplay". I refused to play it for a year after it's release too. Then finally my grandpa wanted to play it so I caved in and rented it, turned on my 360, and put in the disc. I fell inlove... within the first 10 minutes of gameplay. Luckily for me I only had a little while before GOW 2 would be coming out, and I could not wait fast enough. Horde mode was created. I fell inlove all over again. I've probably put more hours in GOW than I have my 140+ hrs in Final Fantasy X-2. I always thought Lost Planet looked stupid. I still kinda think the 1st one does. But I recently picked up a copy (and currently am playing it) of LP2, and its really incredible.

On the opposite side, Ive had a fair share of games I was completely pumped for, and ended up being the biggest waste of my time/money ever. The main ones that come to mind are Baroque and Resonance of Fate. I was so excited for them both, and they both turned out to be such horrible jokes. Dont bother with these 2 games for sure. I bought them for a high price and now I cant get that $ back.

Does anyone in here have stories to share?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/65972/
Okami54
Administrator
Administrator
Okami54

PostSubject: Mass Effect 2   A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:52 pm

When I played Mass Effect (the first one) for the first time I noticed how they left out much needed storyline info and the combat was lacking as well. I was bored so I went to rent a game and all that was on the shelf and "new" was Mass Effect 2. I rented the game, and sure enough, it wasn't as bad as i had thought it was. It was actually one of the best games I have played on the 360 this year!
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/otakutech54/
Disgaea_Phantasm
Disgaea_Phantasm

PostSubject: Re: A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it?   A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Yeah, its games like that that kinda change the way you judge them
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/65972/
Gamemaster1379
Administrator
Administrator
Gamemaster1379

PostSubject: Re: A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it?   A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:32 am

There's quite a few, actually, though I'd say the most impacting game as such would be Team Fortress 2. I found the game to be initially confusing and downright alien-like to me and found myself reluctant to initially play it. Once I grasped the concept though--the game was downright amazing. I'm ashamed I hadn't played it sooner. In any case, there's a handful of others like Left 4 Dead/L4D2 that were also this way. It makes me go out of my way to play games even if I have a strong notion of confusion or dislike from the company or name value it gives. There's those outliers that are just downright fantastic and would be a shame to pass up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.1379tech.110mb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it?   A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A game you didnt think you'd like, then you played it and loved it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Otakutech :: Electronics :: Gaming & Technology-
Jump to: