Share | 

Tips for Getting Started

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gamemaster1379
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Tips for Getting Started   Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:26 am

Hello all! Welcome to Otakutech! This is the number one place for you to discuss your favorite anime and video games. Before you get started, you may want to look a few pointers below.

- Don't be afraid to express your opinion!

Here at Otakutech, we don't want you to be worried about being judged about what you say. If you want to say something about somebody's idea or opinion, say it! Try to keep replies within the guidelines of the forum though!

-Try not to use "text talk"

I'm sure that whenever you're trying to send a quick reply to your friend while texting or you're chatting with your friend online with MSN, you may tend to throw the English language's structure out the window and often substitute a "u" for the word "you" or perhaps an "r" for the word "are". Do keep in mind when posting at Otakutech, you're not just replying to one person and then the message will disappear, your message will be to everybody who has been and will be at Otakutech forever! Because of this, try to make your messages at least somewhat more legible than you may usually do. It'll get you into a good habit--and does it really take that long to add a "y" and an "o" to "you"? This goes for you too, 1337 speakers!

-Be Positive!

We know that you won't always agree with somebody's opinion on a matter, and even us here at Otaku staff won't always be in agreement with somebody's opinion. Just because you don't agree with it though doesn't mean you have to be negative about your reply. You're entitled to your opinion, and we're not asking you to keep it to yourself, but try to be positive about it. Instead of telling somebody that they are totally wrong and suck at life--tell them that you simply disagree and offer a reason as to why. Perhaps you could even offer a better solution or view on the matter.

-Create discussion

"Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite anime"...Well that's neat--but what can I really say about that? "That's cool." or "I agree." Try to add more to your topics when posting. This way instead of getting a bunch of two or three word replies, you'll get legitimate discussion. "Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite anime because of the brutality involved, but at the same time it crafts a very good backstory for all the characters and also adds a lighthearted sense to it". This is simply a small example, I'm sure that many of you could go on for 4 to 5 times as long as that with your topics--So go ahead!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.1379tech.110mb.com

Tips for Getting Started
Page 1 of 1